Garlic mushroom pasta
Cre?me frai?che & Parmesan
- 150 g dried trofie , or fusilli
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 250 g mixed mushrooms
- 25 g Parmesan cheese
- 2 heaped tablespoons half-fat cre?me frai?che
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions, then drain, reserving a mugful of cooking water.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the garlic. Place it in a large non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat with ? a tablespoon of olive oil, followed 1 minute later by the mushrooms, tearing up any larger ones.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper, and cook for 8 minutes, or until golden, tossing regularly.
- Toss the drained pasta into the mushroom pan with a splash of reserved cooking water.
- Finely grate in most of the Parmesan, stir in the cre?me frai?che, taste, season to perfection, and dish up, finishing with a final grating of Parmesan.
EASY SWAPS: Support our British cheeses – swap Stichelton into this recipe in place of the Parmesan. Super-creamy and rich (but mellower in flavour than many other blues) Stichelton is wonderful crumbled in a salad and melts beautifully grilled on a slice of sourdough.