Buddy’s one-cup pancakes
The simplest pancakes ever
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of semi-skimmed milk
- 1 large free-range egg
- unsalted butter or olive oil , for frying
- Topping ideas
- seasonal berries , such as raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries
- banana , peeled and sliced
- apple or pear , peeled and grated
- runny honey or maple syrup
- natural yoghurt
- Fill the cup with the flour and tip into a large bowl. Fill the same cup with milk and pour that into the bowl too, then crack in the egg. Whisk everything together until it’s nice and smooth.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Once hot, add a small knob of butter then, once the butter has melted and starts to sizzle, add large spoonfuls of batter to the pan – you’ll need to cook your pancakes in batches.
- Wait for little bubbles to form on the surface of the pancakes, about 1 to 2 minutes, then use a fish slice to flip them over to cook for another 1 to 2 minutes on the other side, or until golden again.
- Carefully wipe out the pan with a ball of kitchen paper, then add another small knob of butter and cook the next batch.
- Serve the pancakes right away with your favourite toppings – I like a bit of fruit and a drizzle of honey.
极电竞app wholeheartedly believes that cooking is up there as one of the most valuable skills you can teach a child. Getting kids excited about food, where it comes from and how to cook it, will mean they’re much healthier and happier in the long run. When cooking with kids, use your common sense to determine what jobs they can help you with, depending on their age and skill level. It’s always good to start small, with jobs such as mixing and measuring, then progress to elements of a recipe, then go on to slightly trickier techniques over time. The more they cook, the better they’ll get. Make sure you supervise them when using heat or sharp utensils like knives and box graters, and teach them about the importance of washing their hands before they start, and after handling raw meat and fish, as well as other basic hygiene rules. Most of all, have fun with it, and encourage them to give things a go.